By Stephen F. Tonkin
Read or Download AstroFAQs: Questions Amateur Astronomers Frequently Ask (The Patrick Moore Practical Astronomy Series) PDF
Best astronomy books
So much novice astronomers – and lots of of these with related pursuits yet who're now not at present working towards observers – have just a sketchy realizing of house flight. This ebook offers an creation to its mechanics. the wonderful thing about this e-book, written through an engineer who's additionally an finished technology author, is that it covers the topic comprehensively, and but is sort of completely descriptive and non-mathematical.
Astrochemistry and Astrobiology is the debut quantity within the new sequence actual Chemistry in motion. aimed toward either the beginner and skilled researcher, this quantity outlines the physico-chemical rules which underpin our makes an attempt to appreciate astrochemistry and expect astrobiology. An introductory bankruptcy contains primary points of actual chemistry required for knowing the sphere.
In der Wissenschaft geht alles Wir stellen uns die Wissenschaften und besonders die Naturwissenschaften oft als den Inbegriff der Vernunft vor: kühl, logisch, objektiv und frei von menschlichen Fehlern und Gefühlen. Doch Wissenschaft wird von Wissenschaftlern gemacht − und die sind nichts von alledem, sagt Michael Brooks.
There are nonetheless many questions that stay concerning the Moon, which this booklet examines. From concentric craters to lunar swirls, water vapor and lunar reverberations on impression, Foster collects all of it for a desirable journey that would light up the yard observer's knowing of this simply seen, but additionally imperfectly understood, celestial item.
- A Brief History of Radio Astronomy in the USSR: A Collection of Scientific Essays: 382 (Astrophysics and Space Science Library)
- The Sheer Joy of Celestial Mechanics
- Astronomical Knowledge Transmission Through Illustrated Aratea Manuscripts (Historical & Cultural Astronomy)
- Lunar and Planetary Cartography in Russia (Astrophysics and Space Science Library)
- The Hatfield SCT Lunar Atlas: Photographic Atlas for Meade, Celestron and Other SCT Telescopes
- Setting Aside All Authority: Giovanni Battista Riccioli and the Science against Copernicus in the Age of Galileo
Additional info for AstroFAQs: Questions Amateur Astronomers Frequently Ask (The Patrick Moore Practical Astronomy Series)