By Nicholas V. C. Polunin
Read or Download Aquatic Ecosystems: Trends and Global Prospects PDF
Best ecology books
Invasive species have come to dominate three% of the Earth’s ice-free floor, constituting essentially the most severe ecological and fiscal threats of the hot millennium, and freshwater structures are really susceptible. This booklet examines the id, distribution, and influence of freshwater non-indigenous species and the dynamics in their invasion.
** Winner of Royal Society Winton Prize for technology Books 2015 **We stay in epoch-making instances. The alterations we people have made in fresh many years have altered our international past whatever it has skilled in its four. 6 billion-year background. therefore, our planet is expounded to be crossing into the Anthropocene – the Age of people.
This e-book brings jointly medical proof and event proper to the sensible conservation of bats. The authors labored with a global crew of bat specialists and conservationists to improve an international checklist of interventions which could gain bats. for every intervention, the publication summarises reports captured by way of the Conservation proof venture, the place that intervention has been proven and its results on bats quantified.
A photographic advisor to the typical vegetation and animals that inhabit the intertidal zone--the zone lined via water at excessive tide and uncovered in the course of low tide--on the Atlantic coast from Cape Canaveral, Florida, to Cape Breton, Canada.
- Carbon Sequestration and Its Role in the Global Carbon Cycle: 183 (Geophysical Monograph Series)
- The Environment in Economics and Development: Pluralist Extensions of Core Economic Models (SpringerBriefs in Economics)
- The Pygmy Hippo Story: West Africa's Enigma of the Rainforest
- The Tropospheric Chemistry of Ozone in the Polar Regions: Proceedings of the NATO Advanced Research Workshop on the Tropospheric Chemistry of Ozone in ... August 23-28, 1992 (Nato ASI Subseries I:)
- Materials Handling Technologies Used at Hazardous Waste Sites: Materials-Handling Technologies Used at Hazardous (Pollution Technology Review)
- Methane Emissions from Unique Wetlands in China: Case Studies, Meta Analyses and Modelling
Additional info for Aquatic Ecosystems: Trends and Global Prospects