By David Redfern
Exam Board: AQA
First educating: September 2016
First examination: June 2018
Reinforce scholars' geographical realizing all through their path; transparent subject summaries with pattern questions and solutions support scholars enhance their examination approach and accomplish their best.
Written by way of a instructor with broad studying event, this guide:
- is helping scholars establish what they should understand with a concise precis of the themes tested at AS and A-level
- Consolidates realizing via overview assistance and knowledge-check questions
- bargains possibilities for college students to enhance their examination procedure by means of consulting pattern graded solutions to exam-style questions
- Develops self sustaining studying and learn skills
- presents the content material scholars have to produce their very own revision notes
Read or Download AQA A-level Geography Student Guide 3: Hazards; Population and the Environment PDF
Best earth sciences books
The hot moment variation of Glacial Geology offers a contemporary, entire precis of glacial geology and geomorphology. it truly is has been completely revised and up to date from the unique First version. This e-book will attract all scholars drawn to the landforms and sediments that make up glacial landscapes.
Volcanoes and the surroundings is a complete and obtainable textual content incorporating contributions from the various world's professionals in volcanology. This ebook is an quintessential consultant for these drawn to how volcanism impacts our planet's surroundings. It spans a large choice of subject matters from geology to climatology and ecology; it additionally considers the commercial and social affects of volcanic job on people.
This hugely revered and best-selling textbook presents an obtainable, enticing and complete creation to the most important issues inside actual geography. It specializes in realizing the inter-linkages among techniques, areas and environments and is comprehensively illustrated to illustrate how the actual surroundings works.
Weather switch has turn into the world’s maximum and complicated problem. If worthy and well timed motion isn't really taken, the common temperature of the earth’s floor is predicted to extend by way of 1. eight to four levels via the 12 months 2100. The actions during the last century and a 1/2 industrialization have elevated the content material of carbon dioxide, methane and nitrous oxide—the so-called greenhouse gases—in the ambience.
- Geophysics in the Affairs of Man: A Personalized History of Exploration Geophysics and Its Allied Sciences of Seismology and Oceanography
- Fossil Nonmarine Ostracoda of the United States (Developments in Palaeontology and Stratigraphy)
- Physical Geography: A Self-Teaching Guide (Wiley Self-Teaching Guides)
- Electromagnetic Sounding of the Earth's Interior: Volume 40 (Methods in Geochemistry and Geophysics)
- Creating the American West: Boundaries and Borderlands
- The White River Badlands: Geology and Paleontology (Life of the Past)
Extra resources for AQA A-level Geography Student Guide 3: Hazards; Population and the Environment