By Mark Allen,Stephanie Amsel
Read Online or Download Annotated Chaucer bibliography: 1997-2010 (Manchester Medieval Literature and Culture MUP) PDF
Best literary medieval criticism books
Very similar to Greek and Roman mythology, Norse myths are nonetheless with us. recognized storytellers from JRR Tolkien to Neil Gaiman have drawn their suggestion from the long-haired, mead-drinking, marauding and pillaging Vikings. Their writer is a thirteenth-century Icelandic chieftain by means of the identify of Snorri Sturluson.
No guffawing topic is a wide-ranging number of new reports of the comedian theatre of Athens, from its origins till the 340s BCE. Fifteen foreign students hire an array of techniques and methodologies that may attract Classics and Theatre students whereas nonetheless ultimate available to scholars.
The biographer Suetonius is without doubt one of the so much interesting writers of historic Rome, yet he's not often afforded critical severe realization. This quantity of latest essays specializes in a few of the facets of Suetonius' paintings, from his misplaced biographical writing on Roman courtesans to his imperial pictures of the Caesars.
Bernhard von Breydenbach’s Peregrinatio in terram sanctam (Journey to the Holy Land), first released in 1486, is among the seminal books of early printing and is mainly well known for the originality of its woodcuts. In Picturing event within the Early published e-book, Elizabeth Ross considers the Peregrinatio from a number of views to provide an explanation for its worth for the cultural heritage of the interval.
- From Alexandria to Babylon: Near Eastern Languages and Hellenistic Erudition in the Oxyrhynchus Glossary (P.Oxy. 1802 + 4812) (Sozomena)
- Recapturing Sophocles' Antigone (Greek Studies: Interdisciplinary Approaches)
- The Disney Middle Ages: A Fairy-Tale and Fantasy Past (The New Middle Ages)
- The Gift of the Nile: Hellenizing Egypt from Aeschylus to Alexander (Classics and Contemporary Thought)
- The Lady and the Virgin: Image, Attitude, and Experience in Twelfth-Century France (Women in Culture and Society)
- Gesamtregister: Band 7 (German Edition)
Extra info for Annotated Chaucer bibliography: 1997-2010 (Manchester Medieval Literature and Culture MUP)