By Sharon L. Jansen
This is the 1st translation into English of Anne of France's Lessons.
Read or Download Anne of France: Lessons for my Daughter (Library of Medieval Women) PDF
Similar literary medieval criticism books
Very like Greek and Roman mythology, Norse myths are nonetheless with us. well-known storytellers from JRR Tolkien to Neil Gaiman have drawn their proposal from the long-haired, mead-drinking, marauding and pillaging Vikings. Their author is a thirteenth-century Icelandic chieftain through the identify of Snorri Sturluson.
No guffawing topic is a wide-ranging choice of new experiences of the comedian theatre of Athens, from its origins till the 340s BCE. Fifteen foreign students hire an array of ways and methodologies that would attract Classics and Theatre students whereas nonetheless ultimate obtainable to scholars.
The biographer Suetonius is among the such a lot attention-grabbing writers of historic Rome, yet he's hardly afforded severe serious recognition. This quantity of latest essays specializes in many of the facets of Suetonius' paintings, from his misplaced biographical writing on Roman courtesans to his imperial snap shots of the Caesars.
Bernhard von Breydenbach’s Peregrinatio in terram sanctam (Journey to the Holy Land), first released in 1486, is among the seminal books of early printing and is mainly popular for the originality of its woodcuts. In Picturing event within the Early published ebook, Elizabeth Ross considers the Peregrinatio from various views to give an explanation for its price for the cultural historical past of the interval.
- Athenian Comedy in the Roman Empire
- Medieval and Renaissance Lactations: Images, Rhetorics, Practices (Women and Gender in the Early Modern World)
- The King's Body: Burial and Succession in Late Anglo-Saxon England (Toronto Anglo-Saxon Series)
- Dante and the Limits of the Law
- Reading Middle English Literature: An Introduction (Wiley Blackwell Introductions to Literature)
- Euripides: Hecuba (Companions to Greek and Roman Tragedy)
Additional resources for Anne of France: Lessons for my Daughter (Library of Medieval Women)