By Lisa Gollin Evans
* greater than 50 outings that the complete kin will savor in Yellowstone and Grand Teton nationwide Parks
* New gains contain PARC (Pretty remarkable rather Cool) enjoyable proof to catch kid's imaginations and a "Choose Your experience" chart that directs households to outings that completely go well with their interests
* comprises tips about cycling, mountaineering, horseback driving, and paddling with children
From plentiful natural world to towering geysers, from deep canyons to 13,000-foot peaks, this up to date consultant can assist your loved ones observe the simplest that Yellowstone and Grand Teton nationwide Parks need to supply. With water activities, cycling, tenting, and climbing, there are actions to fit households of every age and curiosity degrees. Outings new to this version comprise biking at the Moose-Wilson motorcycle path, kayaking round Jenny Lake, and mountain climbing via secluded Granite Canyon. There also are new feedback for traveling the parks in all 4 seasons, together with wintry weather adventures equivalent to snowshoeing, cross-country snowboarding, and puppy sledding.
An avid hiker, bicycle owner, and kayaker, LISA GOLLIN EVANS practices environmental legislations for the nonprofit fresh Air activity strength. the writer of 5 books, together with Outdoor relations courses to Lake Tahoe and Acadia nationwide Park.
Read or Download An Outdoor Family Guide to Yellowstone and the Tetons National Parks, 2nd Edition (Outdoor Family Guides) PDF
Similar hiking & camping books
One of many world's such a lot extraordinary locations, the Grand Canyon every year draws over four million viewers who peer over the sting of the abyss. A smaller variety of them trek from the rim to the banks of the Colorado River on one of many nation's best-known hikes. a lot of those hikers are inadequately ready for the pains of what could be a lethal trip.
The basic guidebook to the 105-mile travel of Mont Blanc trek within the Alps. the most effective of the world's vintage walks, which circumnavigates the Mont Blanc massif in approximately 11 days via France, Switzerland and Italy. The stroll has the entire pleasure of the excessive mountains but not one of the fear of altitude illness.
Lace up your boots and head into Colorado's rugged Sangre de Cristo Mountains to discover this backbone of hovering peaks that stand greater than a mile above the San Luis and rainy Mountain Valleys. right here you will find plunging creeks, gorges reduce from chunky conglomerate, and valleys the place elk, bighorn sheep, coyote, and cougar dwell.
L. a. Palma, die grünste Insel der Kanaren, wartet mit einer landschaftlichen Vielfalt auf, wie sie kaum eine andere, vergleichbar kleinräumige area dieser Welt bieten dürfte. Weite Täler, wilde Schluchten und Kraterlandschaften, Kiefern- und Lorbeerwälder, Bananenplantagen, Kaskaden und Wasserfälle kontrastieren miteinander.
- Camping Ohio: A Comprehensive Guide to Public Tent and RV Campgrounds (State Camping Series)
- Rail-Trails Florida: The definitive guide to the state's top multiuse trails
- Moon Oregon Camping: The Complete Guide to Tent and RV Camping (Moon Outdoors)
- Horse Packing: A Manual of Pack Transportation
- Guide to the Superior Hiking Trail, 7th Edition: Linking people with nature by footpath along Lake Superior's North Shore
- Walking in the Cordillera Cantabrica: A mountaineering guide (Cicerone Mountain Walking)
Extra info for An Outdoor Family Guide to Yellowstone and the Tetons National Parks, 2nd Edition (Outdoor Family Guides)