By Steven F. Railsback,Volker Grimm
Agent-based modeling is a brand new strategy for figuring out how the dynamics of organic, social, and different advanced structures come up from the features and behaviors of the brokers making up those platforms. This leading edge textbook offers scholars and scientists the talents to layout, enforce, and examine agent-based versions. It starts off with the basics of modeling and offers an creation to NetLogo, an easy-to-use, unfastened, and robust software program platform. 9 chapters then every one introduce a tremendous modeling proposal and convey how one can enforce it utilizing NetLogo. The e-book is going directly to current thoughts for locating the perfect point of version complexity and constructing concept for agent habit, and for reading and studying from models.
Agent-Based and Individual-Based Modeling good points concise and obtainable textual content, quite a few examples, and routines utilizing small yet medical versions. The emphasis all through is on analysis--such as software program trying out, conception improvement, robustness research, and realizing complete models--and on layout matters like optimizing version constitution and discovering strong parameter values.
- The first hands-on creation to agent-based modeling, from conceptual layout to laptop implementation to parameterization and research
- Designed for college students and researchers around the organic and social sciences
- Written via major practitioners
Read Online or Download Agent-Based and Individual-Based Modeling: A Practical Introduction PDF
Similar system theory books
The fashionable global is complicated past human knowing and keep an eye on. The technology of advanced structures goals to discover new methods of wondering the numerous interconnected networks of interplay that defy conventional methods. to this point, study into networks has mostly been constrained to pairwise relationships represented by means of hyperlinks among nodes.
Half I: FORMAL DESCRIPTION OF THE structures ARCHITECTUREPART II: EXECUTION OF THE platforms ARCHITECTUREPART III: SINGLE-QUEUE version FOR SCHEDULING OF INTERACTIONSPART IV: MULTI-QUEUE version FOR SCHEDULING OF INTERACTIONSPART V: INFINITE-QUEUE version FOR SCHEDULING OF INTERACTIONSPART VI: VISIBILITY OF VARIABLES
The chapters during this ebook originate from the learn paintings and contributions provided on the 6th foreign Symposium on Recurrence Plots held in Grenoble, France in June 2015. Scientists from various disciplines accumulated to replace wisdom on contemporary purposes and advancements in recurrence plots and recurrence quantification research.
A procedure is complicated that it contains a number of perspectives comparable to strategy/version n, strategy/version n+1, suggestion, research, layout, implementation, constitution, habit and input/output info perspectives. for this reason, a approach is outlined as a collection of interacting parts forming an built-in entire of that system’s a number of perspectives.
- Modelling and Simulation in the Social Sciences from the Philosophy of Science Point of View (Theory and Decision Library A:)
- Stability of Dynamical Systems: Continuous, Discontinuous, and Discrete Systems (Systems & Control: Foundations & Applications)
- Three Dimensional Creativity: Three Navigations to Extend our Thoughts (KAIST Research Series)
- Highlighting the Importance of Big Data Management and Analysis for Various Applications (Studies in Big Data)
- Constrained Control of Uncertain, Time-Varying, Discrete-Time Systems: An Interpolation-Based Approach (Lecture Notes in Control and Information Sciences)
Extra info for Agent-Based and Individual-Based Modeling: A Practical Introduction