By Jacqueline Stodnick,Renée Trilling
- Explores the interaction among serious conception and Anglo-Saxon studies
- Theoretical framework will attract expert students in addition to these new to the field
- Includes an afterword at the price of the discussion among Anglo-Saxon stories and significant theory
Read Online or Download A Handbook of Anglo-Saxon Studies (Critical Theory Handbooks) PDF
Similar literary medieval criticism books
Very similar to Greek and Roman mythology, Norse myths are nonetheless with us. recognized storytellers from JRR Tolkien to Neil Gaiman have drawn their suggestion from the long-haired, mead-drinking, marauding and pillaging Vikings. Their author is a thirteenth-century Icelandic chieftain through the identify of Snorri Sturluson.
No guffawing topic is a wide-ranging selection of new reports of the comedian theatre of Athens, from its origins until eventually the 340s BCE. Fifteen foreign students hire an array of ways and methodologies that might attract Classics and Theatre students whereas nonetheless last obtainable to scholars.
The biographer Suetonius is without doubt one of the so much attention-grabbing writers of historic Rome, yet he's hardly ever afforded severe severe consciousness. This quantity of recent essays specializes in a few of the elements of Suetonius' paintings, from his misplaced biographical writing on Roman courtesans to his imperial snap shots of the Caesars.
Bernhard von Breydenbach’s Peregrinatio in terram sanctam (Journey to the Holy Land), first released in 1486, is among the seminal books of early printing and is mainly well known for the originality of its woodcuts. In Picturing adventure within the Early published booklet, Elizabeth Ross considers the Peregrinatio from quite a few views to give an explanation for its worth for the cultural historical past of the interval.
- A Commentary on Lucan, "De bello civili" IV: Introduction, Edition, and Translation (Texte und Kommentare)
- Language and the Declining World in Chaucer, Dante, and Jean de Meun (Cambridge Studies in Medieval Literature)
- Silence in Catullus (Wisconsin Studies in Classics)
- Marie de France: A Critical Companion (Gallica)
Extra resources for A Handbook of Anglo-Saxon Studies (Critical Theory Handbooks)