By Peter E. Knox
- Features greater than 30 newly commissioned chapters through famous students writing of their components of specialization
- Illuminates a variety of elements of Ovid's paintings, corresponding to creation, style, and style
- Presents interpretive essays on key poems and collections of poems
- Includes designated discussions of Ovid's fundamental literary impacts and his reception in English literature
- Provides a chronology of key literary and historic occasions in the course of Ovid's lifetime
Read Online or Download A Companion to Ovid (Blackwell Companions to the Ancient World) PDF
Best literary medieval criticism books
Gentle and darkness performed a massive position past the department of time in historic Greek fantasy and faith; the participants to gentle and Darkness in old Greek fable and faith reflect on its functionality on either the person and social point as manifested in modes of suggestion and behaviour and expressed in language, ideals, ritual, and iconography.
Broadens the point of view of modern paintings at the discourse of the Muslim different in medieval Christendom by way of investigating pertinent texts, artwork, and artefacts, situating those neighborhood discourses of the Muslim different within the better cultural context of proto-Eurocentric discourse.
Marketplace energy explores society and economic system in medieval Iberia, studying the intersection of neighborhood advertisement pursuits, lordship, and royal authority as a part of the evolution of a small village right into a rural marketplace town.
Seminar paper from the yr 2014 within the topic English - historical past of Literature, Eras, grade: 1,0, college of Cologne, language: English, summary: This paper bargains with the areas, equipment and contents of studying and learning in medieval England. approximately a hundred and twenty colleges are recognized to have existed in England in the course of the interval among the Norman Conquest in 1066 and the Reformation in 1517 (Orme 1976: XI).
- Euripides and the Instruction of the Athenians
- Aristophanis Fabvlae I (Oxford Classical Texts)
- Dante's Plurilingualism: Authority, Knowledge, Subjectivity (Legenda Main Series)
- Abrahams Erbe: Konkurrenz, Konflikt und Koexistenz der Religionen im europäischen Mittelalter (Das Mittelalter. Perspektiven mediävistischer Forschung. Beihefte) (German Edition)
- Imagining Spectatorship: From the Mysteries to the Shakespearean Stage (Oxford Textual Perspectives)
- Göttliche Stimme, irdische Schrift: Dante, Petrarca und Caterina da Siena (Trends in Medieval Philology) (German Edition)
Extra resources for A Companion to Ovid (Blackwell Companions to the Ancient World)