By Marilyn B. Skinner
- Explores the paintings of Catullus, the best Roman ‘lyric poets’
- Provides discussions approximately construction, style, type, and reception, in addition to interpretive essays on key poems and teams of poems
- Grounds Catullus within the socio-historical global round him
- Chapters problem bought knowledge, current unique readings, and recommend new interpretations of biographical evidence
Read Online or Download A Companion to Catullus (Blackwell Companions to the Ancient World) PDF
Similar literary medieval criticism books
Gentle and darkness performed a huge position past the department of time in historic Greek fantasy and faith; the members to gentle and Darkness in old Greek fantasy and faith think about its functionality on either the person and social point as manifested in modes of suggestion and behaviour and expressed in language, ideals, ritual, and iconography.
Broadens the viewpoint of modern paintings at the discourse of the Muslim different in medieval Christendom by way of investigating pertinent texts, artwork, and artefacts, situating those neighborhood discourses of the Muslim different within the better cultural context of proto-Eurocentric discourse.
Marketplace energy explores society and economic system in medieval Iberia, studying the intersection of nearby advertisement pursuits, lordship, and royal authority as a part of the evolution of a small village right into a rural marketplace town.
Seminar paper from the 12 months 2014 within the topic English - heritage of Literature, Eras, grade: 1,0, collage of Cologne, language: English, summary: This paper bargains with the areas, equipment and contents of studying and learning in medieval England. approximately a hundred and twenty colleges are identified to have existed in England in the course of the interval among the Norman Conquest in 1066 and the Reformation in 1517 (Orme 1976: XI).
- Der traumatisierte Raum: Insistenz, Inschrift, Montage bei Freud, Levi, Kertész, Sebald und Dante (mimesis) (German Edition)
- Last Trojan Hero, The: A Cultural History of Virgil's Aeneid
- Sea of Silk: A Textile Geography of Women's Work in Medieval French Literature (The Middle Ages Series)
- The Emperor's House: Palaces from Augustus to the Age of Absolutism (Urban Spaces)
Additional info for A Companion to Catullus (Blackwell Companions to the Ancient World)